Finished Project - Chevron Baby Blanket

I woke up last weekend with an idea for a chevron quilt in my head, and this little blanket is what came out of it:

Image

I used a really cute elephant print and a glittery pink, both cottons, for the front. The squares are just four triangles put together:

Image

The print pattern doesn't quite match up, but that would have been REALLY tough with these elephants, and probably would have wasted quite a bit of fabric, so I just went with it.

For the back, I used a blue gingham print (also cotton), and bound it in a teal color that matched the little flowers in the elephant print:

Image

I'm really pleased with the binding: it came out nice and thin and even, just like it's supposed to!

Image

I was going to free hand quilt it, but that seemed a little busy on top of everything else, so I just quilted along the stripe lines with very light pink thread. It made for a cute pattern on the back, I think...my resident quilt tester certainly seems to approve :P.

Image

The blankie (but not the kitty, sorry) is for sale in my etsy shop - go take a look!