WIP - Simply Marilyn Sweater

My Simply Marilyn is finally coming together!

Image

I mentioned in my last post that I was thinking of ripping out the back and knitting in the round to make it seamless. I ended up doing just that - that's how much I hate seams! This pattern is really easy to alter, as the front and back are made up almost exactly the same way, except for the neckline on the front. 

I also added a couple of things. First, I have never been able to make a garment in stockinette stitch that didn't roll, so I generally add a garter stitch or ribbed band at the bottom when a piece is knit in stockinette. In this case, the sleeves already have a ribbed pattern on the ends, so adding one to the bottom didn't look out of place. It also added a few inches to the sweater; I don't know if I just have a freakishly long torso, or if this pattern was made for someone with a really short torso, but this sweater would have been way too short without it!

Image

I also decided that I needed a bit more waist shaping, so I added a decrease (and therefore an increase). It created a nice hourglass shape that hugs my figure without being super tight.

Image

The pattern is incredibly easy to follow; it's mostly stockinette, with the only semi complicated part being the pretty horseshoe cable down the front.

Image

I'm not done yet, obviously, but I've tried it on and I'm really thrilled with how it fits. I can already tell that I'll be making this pattern again!