Fabric bins

I've had this tutorial from Birch Fabrics on my "to do" list for a while now, and I decided that my mother-in-law's birthday was the perfect opportunity to try it out. Leslie is an artist, and I figured those of us who make things always need ways to store our supplies. I think they came out pretty well, although they don't look much like the original! IMG_3665

They're super easy to make; you cut out two of each template in both your outside and lining fabrics (there's also an option to make it in a continuous piece). For my outside lining I used some teal cotton broadcloth, and for the lining I used some of my precious stash of Stella Dot.

IMG_3659

In between the lining and the outside, there's some decor weight interfacing. I've only ever used apparel interfacing, so I was a little skeptical about how well they would actually stand up, but I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy they turned out. Then you just sew some seams and turn down the tops, and you're done!

IMG_3667

They even stack well, in case you need to store them to save some space.

IMG_3663

This was a great project; I highly recommend it and will be making some more for me!